For three decades, neighbors have anxiously awaited the true kick-off to summer: the Annual Old South Gaylord Memorial Day Weekend Festival. Live music, amazing food and some fantastic shopping is to be enjoyed by all both Sunday and Monday this long weekend.
In addition to all of your favorite Gaylord Street businesses, this year’s festival will feature over 60 artisans and vendors lining the 1000 block of Old S. Gaylord Street. Fun and games including kiddie rides, carnival games, a bungee trampoline and a climbing wall to keep the kids entertained all day. Both days will feature great line-ups of local musicians (you can find the days' full line-ups here).
While many of you are old pros and have your annual festival ritual down, here are five things everyone should know to make your day the absolute best
- Admission is free but you need to purchase tickets for food, drinks and games
- Remember that Gaylord Street will be totally blocked off, making an already tricky parking situation even worse. Plan for a walk or carpool with some friends.
- Check with your favorite Gaylord Street shops- some have some great discounts and specials during the holiday weekend.
- Come hungry- the festival will have some of its crowd favorites (snow cones and turkey legs anyone?) and you will also be amongst all of the district’s restaurants
- True to Colorado fashion, bring both your sunscreen and your umbrella.
Event times: Sunday (5/26), 10am-8pm and Monday (5/27), 10am-4pm.
Hope to see you all there!
-Courtney Ranson Licensed in the State of Colorado
SEARCH HOMES FOR SALE – DENVER WASH PARK - BY NEIGHBORHOOD
SEARCH HOMES IN OTHER NEIGHBORHOODS