There is no question that this has been one HOT summer in Denver! While cold drinks, going to the movies and sitting in the air conditioning are easy remedies we all still want to get outside and enjoy the beautiful Colorado sunshine!
In late June, Mayor Michael B. Hancock announced the city's new "Beat the Heat" initiative. Effective as of July 1st, admission to the 16 Denver public outdoor pools is now FREE admission on Saturdays and Sundays for youth 18 years & under and just $1 for adults.
To help in this city’s effort to “beat the heat” here is a quick pool guide for you to use to stay cool and active for the rest of the summer.
Denver Public Pools
- For a full list of the 16 Denver public pools click HERE.
- To find the swimming pool closest to use the city's handy "Find a Swimming Pool" tool.
- Most Denver pool hours are 12-5pm daily
- Weekday rates are: $1/kids 2-17, $3/seniors and $5/adult
- Denver residents can purchase seasonal pool passes for $45/person or $90/family
- Swimming lessons are also available at some of Denver's public pools for additional fees
- The pools close on August 12, 2012
Denver Swim & Tennis Clubs
If you are new to Denver or looking to join a local swim & tennis club you may want to call and learn more about membership and potential waiting lists. Here is a list of just some of the local swim clubs and organizations:
DU Recreation Health & Fitness Center 303-871-3845
Skyline Acres 720-515-7591
Eastmoor Swim & Tennis Club 303-758-2636
Virginia Vale Swim Club 303-377-2300
Crestmoor Community Association 303-399-2528
Stay active and cool this summer!
-Courtney Ranson Licensed in the State of Colorado
SEARCH HOMES FOR SALE – DENVER WASH PARK - BY NEIGHBORHOOD
SEARCH HOMES IN OTHER NEIGHBORHOODS