Lucky us- St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Sunday this year, which means a full weekend of dawning your best green apparel, indulging in some Guinness and lots of festivities! There are numerous events planned to help you celebrate-whether you are looking to spend your day in a pub, are in need of a fun family-friendly activity or just need a good dose of some Irish culture. Here are my picks for how to spend your St. Patrick’s Day this year.
50th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade
In my opinion one of the most fun parades of the year – the St. Patrick’s Day parade is filled with a mix of floats, music and even some traditional Irish step dancers.
- This year’s parade will be held Saturday, March 16th
- Begins at 10am and lasts until 1:30-2pm
- Route: Starts at Coors Field parking lot, steps off at 27th and Blake, Blake west to 17th, 17th to Wynkoop, Wynkoop back to Coors Field.
- Remember to bring some sunscreen, and of course, your green attire
Old S. Pearl Street’s Paddy’s on Pearl
According to S. Pearl Street we should expect “public merriment and harmless shenanigans”. In addition to some fun for the adults this year’s event will also be full of Lucky Charms!
- Saturday, March 16th 12-8pm
- There will be live music, street food and Irish step dancers
- New this year! Come at 11:30am for a gathering to enjoy some Luck Charms, all are welcome!
- For more specific event details click here.
Brass, Bagpipes & Co at DU
For a limited time “Echoes of the Emerald Isles” presented by The Denver Brass is at the Newman Center at the University of Denver. Enjoy traditional bagpipe music and classic melodies of Celtic music. The perfect traditional way to celebrate!
- Friday, March 15 7:30pm; Saturday, March 16 7:30pm; Sunday, March 17 2:30pm.
- Tickets range from $24-$44
- Learn more by clicking here.
Katherine's French Bakery's Irish Feast
Join Chef Mario for Katherine's "annual salute to St. Patrick". Enjoy a true, traditional Irsih feast of: corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, carrots and their freshly-baked buttermilk Irish soda bread.
- March 15, 16 and 17
- Call Katherine's or visit their website for more information
-Courtney Ranson Licensed in the State of Colorado